Have you had enough of carrying your kiting equipment back and forth? If so, we have a storage option for you! You can rent a space from us where you can store your gear so it's safe & dry, always ready for your next ride!
We want to add a note on packing your equipment before travelling:
- Kitesurfing kite bags have been getting smaller and smaller over the years. But a good bag that fits all your kitesurfing gear inside is worth its weight in gold. And if you can take one with wheels, even better.
- Properly folding your kite becomes an important skill to have. Not only does it reduce the amount of time spent on the beach after a kitesurfing session, it also allows you to pack your kite more efficiently, greatly reducing unnecessary wear & tear. While the technique may vary slightly, depending on whether your kite has a central deflation system or uses a pump valve, the general approach will remain largely uniform.
- Make sure your kite is completely deflated, including the tubes, and pack them tightly by rolling them from both sides and roll the leading edge up straight to prevent bladder twists. With newer kites, always ensure the main valve is open so all the air can be removed.
- Always take off the fins, as they can easily break off if your luggage is handled incorrectly. Also, detach the foot straps and handle.
- The weakest point in a kite pump is the hose. Take the hose off the pump and put it in the bag separately so it won't get squeezed.
- Make sure you don’t lose anything. Put your screws, fins and screwdriver in a small bag, so it's all kept together.
- Pack your gear into the bag in the right order. First, put the board in to stabilise the bag. Then put the folded kites and pack the rest, fins, foot straps etc., in between the kites.
Please note that these are only some recommendations from kitesurfers who are used to travelling with their equipment. Most kitesurfers find a way to pack their gear efficiently and in a way that suits them. If you have any useful tips, they're always welcome.
Take care of your kite & it will take care of you!